Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Managed for NASA by the California Institute of Technology, JPL is the leading U.S. center for robotic exploration of the solar system. SWA Architects has worked on a variety of projects on the JPL campus, including:
- Frequency Standards Laboratory
The project includes a laboratory, which is a class 100,000 clean room, laboratory space, offices and conference room.
- MMIC Testing and Development Facility
The facility includes a Class 10,000 cleanroom, materials development and testing laboratory, support offices, accessible restrooms and conference area. Additional design issues include vibration and noise isolation, RF shielding, and power/ground conditioning.
- Cafeteria Remodel
- Center of Operations for Information Technologies and Software Systems Expansion
The additional laboratory space helps support high-end and supercomputing operation systems at JPL. The laboratory space has raised flooring, secured access, supplemental cooling, uninterruptible power supply, and a power distribution unit.
- Building 298, Laboratory Addition
- Building 264, New MER Mission Control Center
- Building 126 Office Addition
- Inflatable Structures and Solar Sails Development Facility